top of page
Download the Lesson Plan!
1. Discuss how we create a balance in our lives: sports, art, school, music, friends, family, etc.
2. Create a symbol out of construction paper for each topic the student balances in their life.
3. Tape each symbol to pieces of string (with varying lengths).
4. Tie some of the ornaments directly to the hanger.
5. Create more interest by taping two straws together to form an X and then connecting it to the hanger with string. You can then hang ornaments off the ends of the straws.
6. Once everything is tied slide the ornaments around until the mobile is balanced when holding the hanger from the top.
Leader Maggie's Example
bottom of page